Tuesday 2 July 2013

Trip to Palmerston North

So, from Dunedin, I flew up to Palmerston North for about a week for my placement in Palmerston North. Though it was meant to be strictly business only, I managed to have fun and as usual, just hang out with friends I cherish most. :)

Just as I arrive in Palmerston North, I was greeted by familiar faces and people that I've not seen in 6 months It was a pleasure getting to meet them again.

We made our very own wrap. Doesn't matter how you like it, just wrap it according to what you want to have. :) It was a simple way to bond with your friends and it was definitely enjoyable for me as I get to meet so many new friends.


Saw this cute mug at work. 

Owh I think this is so true. Haha.

Some interesting things I found at the pharmacy.

"Failure is not falling down... It is not getting up again." This is so true. We don't fail until we give up on ourselves and falling down is just part and parcel of learning. Those who stand up after falling are always the stronger ones and these people are definitely not failures.

This definitely made my day. Last day placement at Cook St Pharmacy and guess what? I saw  this lovely double rainbow just before my eyes. It was a full rainbow but too bad my phone did not have panorama features to capture it.



After all the serious work, here comes the fun. :) This is the awesome meal my friend and I had at  Thai House on Broadway Avenue. The food was excellent. We loved it. This was tom yum noodle soup and my friend had ginger fish. We were supposed to have our dinner at Chada Thai but it was too packed so we decided to walk across the street and by the strike of luck, we ended up devouring this delicious meal.

We then decided to have dessert at Coffee Club just around the corner. The caramel cheesecake was just simply delicious. I'd definitely recommend it.

Then the next day, I've decided that I've been pigging too much so I went for a walk along the Manawatu River. Good choice. The view was just spectacular.

A good blend of colours here.


It was a good sunny day. Perfect day for the ducks too I suppose. :)

At the esplanade.

Here comes more food. Haha. This is the claypot chicken noodle soup at Bean Cafe on Broadway Avenue. It is reasonably priced but the portion is very very big. This dish was a good winter warmer as it was really cold outside.

Open air ice skating rink in the middle of The Square. Interesting.



Just casually hanging out with some friends.

Here comes the second double rainbow I saw in 3 days. How amazing is that? God always have his ways of mesmerising us and he never failed.



Beauty and the beast statue in front of Regent theater.

Yummy yum char from China Town. :) The durian puff was really good. I'll definitely recommend it. I'm not a durian lover but the durian puffs have a mild durian taste that doesn't linger as much when eating durian.

Saw these cute bicycle stand in the middle of town. :)


Large piano hanging on the wall. This is a very creative piece of decoration.

Another sumptuous meal in Palmerston North at Wabi Sabi. It was yumm....

So, there's a lot that Palmerston North can offer. I absolutely love this place and the people I've met here. It was a truly amazing experience.

Cheers
Min^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment